All right, Friends, I am about to introduce you to a dish that will make your tongue reach out of your mouth, around the back of your head, and then slap your face twice. It is pretty darn incredible. I took several recipes, combined the best of all of them, added a little something here and there, and came out with this little lip-smackin’ baby. I was originally looking for a delicious, naturally sweetened dessert, but then realized that it would make a fabulous breakfast too. So we’ve eaten it for both. Try it. I dare you. You won’t be able to get enough.
Warm Blueberry Crumble - Gluten Free
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey, maple syrup or Agave (more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats*
- 1 cup oat flour* (make your own by putting oats in a blender--measure after blending)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 or 10-inch dish.
- Mix blueberries, sweetener, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine oats, oat flour, coconut sugar, and cinnamon in another medium-sized bowl.
- Cut in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spread blueberries evenly over the bottom of your dish. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over the blueberries.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until topping is golden and crumble is heated through.
*Be sure to use gluten-free oats and oat flour to make this recipe gluten-free 🙂
Even though the title is “Warm Blueberry Crumble,” I wouldn’t be afraid to eat this cold. Or hot. Or room temperature. Or frozen…well, OK–frozen might break my teeth 😉
There is also no reason why you couldn’t try this with other fruit. If you try it, please let me know how it turns out!